The USB 2.0 specification limits the length of a cable segment between the host or hub and device to 5 metres. This USB 2.0 active extension cable takes the signal from the first device and resynchronizes and retimes the signal so it can be transmitted another 5 metres without any loss of data.
You can daisy chain a maximum of three active extension cables to give you a maximum extension length of 15 metres.
• Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Compliant
• 1 x USB Type A male connector
• 1 x USB Type A female connector
• Supports data transfer rates up to 480Mbps
• Host powered - no need for external power adapter
• Supports Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 (32/64-bit)
• Supports Mac OS 10.x and Linux 2.6+